MLA Research Paper
MLA Research Paper: MLA Style.
MLA stands for Modern Language Association, and it is the standard format for research and term papers.
MLA format includes specific rules for quoting authors, called citations. Instructors will generally require that you use the Modern Languages Association (MLA) system of citations to document your sources.
The MLA research style guide is a manual published by the Modern Language Association as a guide to scholarly publishing. There are several countries in the world where this guide is widely used ever since its first publication in America in 1985. It contents a series of basic rules used by students, editors, scholars and professional writers when writing research papers, especially in the English studies.
So, lets find out what MLA format is:
- A citation format for citing sources in your papers
- A style guide for formatting text, headings, title page, etc.
- Published by the Modern Language Association
- Used primarily by students and scholars of the humanities
When we have already understood what MLA is, we suggest you to examine the next paragraph.
MLA Research Paper: MLA Paper Format.
When formatting your paper in MLA Style, you will need to follow a series of rules that outline all aspects of the creation the MLA research paper. In this paragraph you will find some aspects about MLA paper format. Read it carefully and you will understand the points:
- The paper should be typed and double-spaced, on standard 8 1/2 –by 11 inch white paper.
- All four outside margins should be set at 1 inch.
- A header with consecutive page numbering should appear on the upper right-hand corner of each page. It must be flush with the right margin, and one-half inch down from the top margin.
- Your research paper does not need a title page (if not requested).
- Instead of the title page, four double-spaced entries are made, beginning at the top left-hand corner of the first page, listing your name, course instructor’s name, course name/number, and the date.
- The title of the paper should be centered, one double-space from the bottom of the previous entry.
- Place the page number in the upper right corner of every page. Use Arabic numerals for the page numbers.
- Speaking about punctuation. Follow all standard punctuation marks with just one space, including colons, commas, periods, and semicolons. Some teachers prefer the old rule of using two spaces after periods that end sentences. MLA Style does allow some facility in punctuation when the teacher requests a change from the standard MLA Style.
Elements of MLA Research Paper
When you turn in your final paper, it must contain the following items in this order:
- Title page
- Work sites
The items are well- known to you, and you have an experience in writing research papers.
MLA Research Paper: Summing Up!
We sincerely hope that this article helped you in your scientific work. Read carefully and attentively, and be sure that you will pass your MLA research paper successfully!