APA Format Paper
APA Format Paper: Introduction.
If you were asked to write APA format paper, first you need to understand the essence of this work.
What is APA? What does this abbreviation mean? APA is American Psychological Association.
APA format is a standard set of conventions for formatting scripts. It includes detailed instructions for text references to the statements, references lists pages numeration, margins, sequence of subheadings, chapters, running heads etc.
APA format paper has been created because of two reasons:
- There is a need for general standardization of formatting characteristics in order to make it easier for readers. The readers should be able to understand scientific/ research works with the greatest possible simplicity and quality.
- APA was created and developed to achieve perfection. And editors and writers in other disciplines do not need to waste their time by developing simply the same, alternative formats.
Over and above, APA is quite fair about periodically refreshing their format guide.
APA Format Paper: Essential Elements
If you are interested in writing good quality APA format paper, you should follow next generally accepted principles:
- Use white, 8-1/2 by 11-inch paper.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use the first word indention of each paragraph from left margin.
- Use long quotations indention from left margin.
- Use double-spaces.
- Remember, APA does not provide guidelines for preparing the title page.
- Try to follow instructor’s guidelines.
- Do not forget about page numbers. Number all pages, including title page, in the upper right hand corner.
After you have read and analyzed these statements, it is time to move on to the structure.
APA Format Paper: General Statements.
Now you can begin substantive work. APA format paper usually includes these parts:
- Title Page.
- Method/ Research
- Results/ Conclusion.