A Good Thesis
A Good Thesis: How to Write a Good Thesis?
What is a thesis? A thesis statement declares what you believe and what you are going to prove.
A good thesis statement makes the difference between a clever research project and a simple retelling of facts. But do not be in a hurry! You must do a lot of preparatory reading before you know enough about a subject to identify key or important questions. You may not know all the aspect of the question, until you have examined the argument.
You will likely begin your research with a working, preliminary thesis which you will continue improving until you are sure of where the argument leads.
A title page is not essential for a research paper unless specifically requested by your teacher.
A Good Thesis: Features of Good Thesis.
If you want to surprise your teacher with a good thesis paper, you should follow next advices, which may help you in successfully pass a term paper.
- It should present arguable and proposing point, which people could reasonably disagree. A strong thesis is provocative; it takes a stand and justifies the discussion you will suggest.
- It takes a subject, which could be covered in the format of the project destination.
- It is specific and concentrated. A good thesis proves a statement without discussing
- It clearly approve your own conclusion based on the definite argument
- It provides the reader with a map to guide him/her through your work.
- It guesses and denies the counter-arguments
- It avoids weird language and the first person. ("I think," "In my opinion")
A good thesis statement should be specific and strong; it should involve your reader to continue reading.
A Good Thesis: Structure.
All research reports use practically the same format. The same rules are used to write a proposal, a thesis, a dissertation, or any business research report. This is:
- Style of writing and page formatting
- Plan of the chapters and part
- Part I - Introduction/ Preparation
- Part II - Writing techniques
- Part III - Results
- Part IV - Conclusions and Commentaries
If you will follow these advices, you may expect good results. Your teacher will be satisfied with your good thesis.